Newsday: Mike Bloomberg to open field office in MineolaPosted: Updated:
Democratic presidential hopeful Mike Bloomberg is reportedly hoping to court Long Island voters.
Newsday says his campaign is opening a field office next weekend on Old Country Road in Mineola. It will be one of 15 statewide.
The office will have a dozen full-time employees, along with volunteers.
A campaign spokesman says the office will help spread the message that Bloomberg is "the best candidate to defeat Donald Trump."
The 77-year-old billionaire launched his presidential bid at the end of November.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a domestic travel advisory for New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to try to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- President Donald Trump gave an update on the coronavirus pandemic from the White House Rose Garden Sunday evening.
- Places of worship around Long Island are practicing social distancing due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Nassau County Executive Laura Curran said Sunday that the coronavirus death toll in the county has climbed by five, for a total of 39.
- Cuomo says the death toll in New York state from COVID-19 is at 965.Cuomo says the death toll in New York state from COVID-19 is at 965.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.