Police: 1 man dead in Port Jefferson Station crashPosted: Updated:
Police say one person has died following a crash in Port Jefferson Station early this morning.
According to police, Joel Almanza, 35, was driving his car on Green Avenue, off Bicycle Path, when the vehicle veered off the roadway.
The vehicle then hit a parked car and continue through a fence before striking a tree and a shed around 1:30 a.m.
Almanza, 35, of Port Jefferson Station, was transported to the hospital where he was pronounce dead.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a domestic travel advisory for New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to try to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- President Donald Trump gave an update on the coronavirus pandemic from the White House Rose Garden Sunday evening.
- Country singer Joe Diffie, who had a string of hits in the 1990s with chart-topping, rock-tinged singles such as “Home” and “Pickup Man” has died after testing positive for COVID-19.Country singer Joe Diffie, who had a string of hits in the 1990s with chart-topping, rock-tinged singles such as “Home” and “Pickup Man” has died after testing positive for COVID-19.
- Places of worship around Long Island are practicing social distancing due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Nassau County Executive Laura Curran said Sunday that the coronavirus death toll in the county has climbed by five, for a total of 39.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.