4 alleged MS-13 gang members indicted in 2016 machete murder in MassapequaPosted: Updated:
Four alleged MS-13 gang members have been indicted in the 2016 machete murder of a teen in the Massapequa Park Preserve.
Jeustin David Maldonado and Christian Rodriguez have been indicted on murder and conspiracy charges. The two men, who are both in their 20s, are believed to be members of MS-13.
Raul Ponce, 21, and Gerson Stanley Juarez, 23, were also charged in the indictment. The two, who were previously charged with murder in a previous indictment, were charged with conspiracy.
Police say the defendants were part of a group of five men who lured Bryan Lemus to the park before killing him. Lemus' remains were found in May.
Ponce's brother, Samuel Ponce, 18, was previously indicted for the murder. He faces a potential maximum of 15 years to life in prison.
If convicted, four of the suspects face 50 years to life in prison.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a domestic travel advisory for New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to try to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- President Donald Trump gave an update on the coronavirus pandemic from the White House Rose Garden Sunday evening.
- Places of worship around Long Island are practicing social distancing due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Nassau County Executive Laura Curran said Sunday that the coronavirus death toll in the county has climbed by five, for a total of 39.
- Cuomo says the death toll in New York state from COVID-19 is at 965.Cuomo says the death toll in New York state from COVID-19 is at 965.
- Police confirmed two days after the incident that Malerba is a former NYPD officer who retired from the force.Police confirmed two days after the incident that Malerba is a former NYPD officer who retired from the force.
- Police say Brooke Wirshup, of Patchogue, rear-ended a car on William Floyd Parkway and then drove off.Police say Brooke Wirshup, of Patchogue, rear-ended a car on William Floyd Parkway and then drove off.
- Violent crime has been down in the last week following the stay-at-home order, according to Nassau and Suffolk police.Violent crime has been down in the last week following the stay-at-home order, according to Nassau and Suffolk police.
- Sixto Tapia-Angeles is accused of strangling Maria Rodriguez-Perez Saturday night.Sixto Tapia-Angeles is accused of strangling Maria Rodriguez-Perez Saturday night.
- A Lakeview man was arrested for allegedly refusing to leave Nassau University Medical Center.A Lakeview man was arrested for allegedly refusing to leave Nassau University Medical Center.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.