NEWS 12 ALL-PRO PUP PHOTO PROMOTION-SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL U.S. LAWS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE FORM MAY BE REQUIRED.
BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- SPONSOR: The News 12 All-Pro Pup Photo Promotion-Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is sponsored and administered by News 12 Interactive LLC (“News12” or “Sponsor”), with its principle place of business at [1 Media Crossways Woodbury, NY 11797].
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Promotion begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) on Friday January 24, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on Thursday January 30, 2020 (“Entry Period”), when all Entries (defined below) must be received. Eastern Time shall control for all purposes of the Promotion. Sponsor’s clock shall be the official timekeeper for the Promotion. The Promotion is governed by these Official Rules and is subject to all applicable U.S. Federal, State, and Local laws.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to those individuals who are legal U.S. residents at least 18 years of age and reside in an Optimum serviceable area of New York, New Jersey or Connecticut. Proof of eligibility may be required. The Promotion is NOT open to any of the following: (i) current employees, officers, or directors of Sponsor or any of its affiliates or (ii) any of such persons’ immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings or grandchildren), other family members (spouses of siblings, children and grandchildren) and members of the same household (whether related or not).
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Entrants and Entries must meet the following requirements:
- Entrant must be the person who took, and has full rights to, the photo submitted.
- Entrant has full written consent from all persons or copyright owners of other works (such as paintings and statutes) appearing in the photo for full use of the photo, including, but not limited to, use and publishing in the Promotion and other uses stated herein.
- Images that Sponsor determines to be materially altered will be disqualified.
- Each photo must feature at least one pet.
- Photos must not show pets in unsafe conditions.
- Watermarks, signatures, dates and/or copyright notices are not permitted on any photo.
- Entrant's photo may be shown on air on News12 and posted on the News12 website and/or app.
- Only one prize may be won by any entrant.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: On Friday January 31, 2020, Sponsor will select five (5) potential First Place winners and fifty (50) potential Second Place winners selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. A potential winner becomes a “winner” only after verification of eligibility by Sponsor. Prizes must be claimed by winners within 24 hours following the drawing. Only one winning Entry per Entrant will be selected regardless of how many Entries were submitted on behalf of the Entrant. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to the drawing. Odds of winning will depend on number of eligible Entries received.
- PRIZES: Each First Place winner will receive one (1) $100 Visa card branded with Animal Planet Promotion with an Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of $100.00 USD each with a maximum ARV of up to $500.00 USD for all First Place prizes. Each Second Place winner will receive one (1) Animal Planet Promotion XVI bandanna with an ARV of $4.00 USD with a maximum ARV of up to $200.00 USD for all Second Place prizes (together with the First Place prizes, the “Prizes” and each a “Prize”). Prizes have no cash value and may not be exchanged for cash or credit. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions are allowed. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize listed is unavailable.
- NOTIFICATION: The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners via the contact information provided by the Entrants in the entry forms early morning on Friday January 31, 2020. A potential winner may be required, in Sponsor’s discretion, to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (collectively, the "Affidavit") to claim the Prize. In the event: (a) a potential winner cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted or an Affidavit is not timely returned; (b) a potential winner declines or cannot accept, receive or use the Prize for any reason; (c) a potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Promotion or receive the Prize; (d) a potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, or (e) a potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner may be disqualified from the Promotion and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsor's sole discretion, from among the other eligible Entries received. If a Prize is unclaimed by a winner for any reason, Sponsor will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof and Sponsor will have no further obligation to the winner. Winners will be featured on air on News 12 and posted on News12.com on or about January 31, 2020.
- PUBLICITY AND RELEASE: By entering in the Promotion, unless prohibited by law, each Entrant consents to Sponsor and any of its designees using and/or publishing (a) the Entrant’s name, photo, likeness, and voice, (b) testimonials, opinions, statements made by the Entrant regarding the Promotion or Sponsor, and/or (c) other information submitted as part of the Entry, including any pet photos, worldwide and in perpetuity for any and all purposes including but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of Sponsor, in any form of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable, or World Wide Web, each without further limitation, restriction, compensation, consideration, notice, review or approval. Entrant may be required to provide a signed release acknowledging such consent. Furthermore by entering, all participants and/or entrants agree to release Sponsor and Discovery Communications, LLC from and against all claims and damages arising in connection with each entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or his/her receipt or use of any element of the Prize awarded in this Promotion including any injury or harm resulting from any use of the Prize related thereto. Any and all warranties and guarantees with respect to any Prize element are subject to the respective manufacturer’s terms.
- GENERAL: By entering this Promotion, the Entrant represents and warrants that he/she will: (1) fully comply with these Official Rules and all applicable law, and (2) indemnify and hold the Sponsor and its affiliates, and each of their respective agents and representatives (the “Sponsor Parties”) harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, (“Loss”) arising out of or relating to any violation of these Official Rules, any applicable laws, or any rights of any third party by the Entrant. The Sponsor Parties are not responsible for late or incomplete Entries or for technical failures of any kind that may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Promotion. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, the Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. By accepting a Prize, each winner acknowledges and agrees that (a) the winner will be responsible for any applicable taxes and may receive an IRS 1099 form for the value of the Prize, and (b) the winner will absolve, defend and indemnify the Sponsor Parties from any and all third party Losses resulting from winner’s receipt of, handling of and/or use of the Prize. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and each Prize is awarded "AS IS" with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied. The depiction of the Prize in any advertising or promotional materials may not be identical to the one awarded to a winner. All expenses and costs associated with a Prize not expressly stated as part of the Prize package described above are the responsibility solely of the winner of that Prize. Except where prohibited, Entrants agrees that any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any Prize shall be resolved individually and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New York, New York. The Promotion is governed by and subject to the laws of the United States and the state of New York without regard to any conflict of law rules.
- Winners List: A winners list may be obtained by sending a self-addressed envelope, with request for said list, to: News12 Interactive LLC, [1 Media Crossways Woodbury, NY 11797], Attn: Marketing Department/Promotions.