East Hills residents honor MLK’s legacy with food drivePosted: Updated:
Residents in East Hills celebrated Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s legacy by holding a food drive Monday.
Hundreds came out to the Sid Jacobson Jewish Community Center to assemble meals for the hungry.
The food drive was held in partnership with Rise Against Hunger.
Those who helped said the event is keeping Dr. King's dream alive.
Event organizers set a goal to assemble 30,000 meals, but they surpassed it.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a domestic travel advisory for New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to try to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- President Donald Trump gave an update on the coronavirus pandemic from the White House Rose Garden Sunday evening.
- Places of worship around Long Island are practicing social distancing due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Nassau County Executive Laura Curran said Sunday that the coronavirus death toll in the county has climbed by five, for a total of 39.
- Cuomo says the death toll in New York state from COVID-19 is at 965.Cuomo says the death toll in New York state from COVID-19 is at 965.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.