36 LI students named scholars in Regeneron Science Talent SearchPosted: Updated:
A total of 36 Long Island students are being named in the nation's most prestigious science and math competition.
The students come from 20 districts including Great Neck, Ward Melville and Manhasset. For the first time, a student from Central Islip made the list.
The Regeneron Science Talent Search singles out 300 young scientists, out of around 2,000 applicants from around the world.
Each student submitted original research projects.
Forty finalists will be announced later this month.
- Authorities say they recovered jewelry, hand bags, electronic devices and clothing believed to have been taken from homes.
- Four alleged MS-13 gang members have been indicted in the 2016 machete murder of a teen in the Massapequa Park Preserve.
- House Democrats prosecuting President Donald Trump's impeachment trial are preparing for a second day of arguments.
- A patient taken to a New Jersey hospital Thursday evening does not have the Wuhan coronavirus, according to hospital officials.
- Puerto Ricans showed up in the pouring rain Thursday night--fed up by recent government decisions and are asking their governor to step down.
- Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Ruff House Rescue. They brought three puppies!This week's dogs are up for adoption at Ruff House Rescue. They brought three puppies!
- Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.