Rep. Kathleen Rice, local leaders hold press conference to condemn anti-SemitismPosted: Updated:
Rep. Kathleen Rice, members of Congress and local leaders held a press conference to condemn anti-Semitism, as well as pledge renewed action to combat hate crimes and domestic terrorism.
The press conference comes in response to the recent rise in anti-Semitic violence in the area, including the Hanukkah stabbing in Monsey, New York, the shooting at a kosher supermarket in Jersey City, New Jersey, and at least eight other anti-Semitic incidents reported in the New York City metropolitan area since Dec. 13.
Among those in attendance were representatives Lee Zelden, Peter King, Tom Suozzi and Gregory Meeks, as well as Nassau County officials and Rabbi Kenneth Hain of Congregation Beth Sholom.
- More than 100 tenants at an apartment building in Hempstead were forced from their homes Wednesday due to dangerous levels of carbon monoxide.
- Chester is being temporarily cared for by foster owners.Chester is being temporarily cared for by foster owners.
- The Nassau County comptroller was in the hot seat Wednesday over how the county fell victim of a costly phishing scam.
- Just hours after receiving 99.7% of the vote from the Baseball Writers' Association of America to elect him into Baseball Hall of Fame, Yankees legend Derek Jeter got the Cooperstown jersey to show for it.
- Manning was the MVP of Super Bowl XLII and Super Bowl XLVI in his team's victories over the New England Patriots.
- Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Ruff House Rescue. They brought three puppies!This week's dogs are up for adoption at Ruff House Rescue. They brought three puppies!
- Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.