Long Islanders flock to the gym as part of New Year’s resolutionsPosted: Updated:
A new decade is right around the corner and with the turning of a new calendar, comes new resolutions.
Power Ten Fitness in Port Washington opens its doors every morning, but the foot traffic has been extra heavy as Long Islanders work on their fitness.
Many are hoping to make the coming year a strong and healthy one.
"I just said I'm gonna start going every day and I didn't stop," says Madeline O'Reilly one of the many members at Power Ten Fitness, who began her fitness journey five years ago around the new year.
Trainers suggest making your resolution attainable and don't be too hard on yourself if you miss a day working out.
- Bellone says there are 3,385 positive COVID-19 cases in Suffolk County and the trajectory is going up.
- As of Thursday night, there are 696 COVID-19-related hospitalizations in the county.As of Thursday night, there are 696 COVID-19-related hospitalizations in the county.
- Gov. Cuomo says there are now 44,635 cases of coronavirus cases statewide, with 519 deaths.Gov. Cuomo says there are now 44,635 cases of coronavirus cases statewide, with 519 deaths.
- An East Rockaway couple had to change their wedding plans because of the coronavirus pandemic. But they still tied the knot, and their friends still found a way to send well wishes.
- As the coronavirus spreads and public gatherings are restricted, more people are turning to the internet to stay virtually connected with friends and family.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.