Airport travelers deal with delays during winter weatherPosted: Updated:
Airport travelers were frustrated as winter weather caused delays and cancellations at LaGuardia airport Sunday.
Departure boards at the airport showed delays of up to 30 minutes, but arrivals were coming in at over an hour behind schedule as of 10 p.m. Sunday.
Weather around Long Island turned to rain by Sunday night so people traveling after the Thanksgiving holiday felt only small effects of the freezing rain.
"We were concerned but we only ended up getting a 20 minute delay," said Aria Grossman of Hawaii. "So it ended up not being a big deal."
JFK also experience problems. Arrive flights were delayed for about an hour and 15 minutes, according to Flight Aware.
So far, flights look to be on schedule for both airports on Monday.
- Despite hopes that the curve is flattening in New York state COVID-19 cases, hospitals on Long Island are preparing for a potential surge in patients.
- Kathleen McCormack is a nurse at St. Francis Hospital. On top of that, the 28-year-old also lives her mother, who has been sick with pneumonia for a month.
- EMTs are following detailed guidelines that mean not everyone who contracts the coronavirus ends up going to the hospital.
- Pet stores have been deemed essential during the COVID-19 crisis, but animal advocates are calling for their temporary closure.
- Whether you're working from a makeshift office on a couch, table or bed, the changes have caused real pain for some.
- This week's Super Pink Moon is the biggest full moon of 2020. Did you see it? Share your photos with us.
- In these trying times, we can all use a breath of fresh air every once in a while. News 12 wants to see your scenic photos while you get your breath of fresh air.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Celebrating Easter or Passover is a little different this year. So, we want to see how you are celebrating. News 12 wants to see all of your photos, including throwbacks!