CO alarm prompts evacuation at Babylon assisted living facility

Posted: Updated:

Seniors at a Babylon assisted living facility had some scary moments early Sunday morning when an alarm prompted an evacuation.

Police say they were called to the Bayview Home for Adults around 2 a.m. after the carbon monoxide alarm went off.

About 75 residents had to be temporarily evacuated.

Five of them were taken to the hospital for evaluation.

The rest of the residents were able to return after getting the all-clear from the Babylon fire marshal.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."