Police: 2 rescued after car plunges into Port Washington poolPosted: Updated:
Two people had to be rescued after the car they were in plunged into a Port Washington pool.
Officials say the out-of-control Nissan SUV in the Village of Flower Hill veered off Port Washington Boulevard and smashed through a fence before landing in the pool around 10 a.m.
News 12 obtained video of the Nissan, which landed in the shallow end of the backyard pool on Sunnyvale Road.
Homeowner Deborah Wrynn says two older people were inside the vehicle and couldn't get out. EMS had to pull them from the car and brought them to the hospital in an ambulance.
They were not seriously injured. It’s not yet clear how the driver lost control.
- It’s the time of year when volunteers in Hempstead are working overtime at the Mary Brennan Inn.It’s the time of year when volunteers in Hempstead are working overtime at the Mary Brennan Inn.
The submissions were narrowed down to the Top 30. Now, News 12 Digital needs your vote to select the Top 3!
- A retired Suffolk police detective was back on the stand Wednesday to testify in the obstruction of justice case involving former District Attorney Thomas Spota and his top investigator Christopher McPartland.
- Softbank is selling a robot vacuum cleaner that uses the same laser-based navigation technology used in self-driving cars.
- ¿Que les espera a la generación de los millennials?¿Que les espera a la generación de los millennials?
- Photos from the public congressional hearings as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump and his administration's dealings with Ukraine.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Ruff House Rescue. The shelter is located in Oceanside. Their phone number is 516-306-4998.
- If you are looking to start your holiday shopping before the turkey is out of the oven, here are stores that will be opened for Thanksgiving.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- News 12's Stone Grissom is dishin' some fun T-shirts during his award-winning Dishin' Long Island segments! What fun shirt will he wear next?