Police: Man shot in the leg in Bay ShorePosted: Updated:
A man was shot in the leg Thursday night in Bay Shore.
Police say the incident occurred around 10 p.m. on Fourth Avenue between Roosevelt and Charles streets.
The victim was taken to Southside Hospital. His injuries were not considered life-threatening.
Neighbors say there have been other shootings in the area over the last few months, including one in September less than a mile away where a 17-year-old girl was shot.
"Everybody I know around here works hard, and it's a shame," said CeCe Carter. "You have to come home to things like this, you know, I just wish it would change."
Other neighbors say they are hoping Suffolk County police will step up patrols in the area.
People in the area say they heard four or five shots, but there were no witnesses who saw who fired them.
Anyone with any information on this incident is asked to Suffolk County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
- In a statement to News 12, the MTA says Foye is isolating at home and feeling good. It says he was last at the office on Wednesday and was asymptomatic at the time.
- Officials are calling North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset a "hot spot" for coronavirus patients as health care systems try to deal with the surge.
- Regents exams for high school students are still on as scheduled, for now. State officials are meeting to discuss if the exams should be held.
- The Knicks announced Dolan’s diagnosis Saturday night. It is not clear when he was tested or when he received the diagnosis.
- In West Islip, an effort is underway to keep hospital workers fed and help restaurants stay in business.
- Police confirmed two days after the incident that Malerba is a former NYPD officer who retired from the force.
- Police say Brooke Wirshup, of Patchogue, rear-ended a car on William Floyd Parkway and then drove off.
- Violent crime has been down in the last week following the stay-at-home order, according to Nassau and Suffolk police.
- Sixto Tapia-Angeles is accused of strangling Maria Rodriguez-Perez Saturday night.Sixto Tapia-Angeles is accused of strangling Maria Rodriguez-Perez Saturday night.
- A Lakeview man was arrested for allegedly refusing to leave Nassau University Medical Center.A Lakeview man was arrested for allegedly refusing to leave Nassau University Medical Center.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.