Newsday: National Grid over-billed gas customers in meter-reading changePosted: Updated:
Residents who think they may have been over-billed by National Grid could be right.
One Coram resident tells Newsday he realized there was a problem when his bill doubled in September.
He says that's normally a time his usage is at its lowest.
The company did acknowledge the problem to Newsday, and says it is working to fix the bill.
National Grid blames the problem on a change to the way the meters are read.
- Police say a car crash briefly shut down a section of Ruland Road in Melville early Saturday morning.
- A softball game dedicated to raising awareness of suicide in the law enforcement community will be held in Baldwin Saturday.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- Just in time for its 100th Anniversary, National Sweetest Day encourages everyone to be generous even in the smallest ways.
- This week's workout comes from Chris LoVarco at American Black Belt Academy.This week's workout comes from Chris LoVarco at American Black Belt Academy.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Almost Home Animal Rescue & Adoption. The shelter is located at 646 Medford Ave. in Patchogue. Their phone number is (631) 627-3665.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Are you and your family doing fun things this fall? Whether you're out apple or pumpkin picking, at a farm or corn maze or just hanging around in your home or yard, News 12 Long Island wants to see your Fall Fun pics!
- Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!