Police: Mom drove drunk with 4-month-old in car, left scene of crashPosted: Updated:
A new mom is under arrest, accused of driving drunk with her infant in her car and leaving the scene of a crash.
Police say they got a call reporting a woman who appeared to be driving drunk with a baby in the car on Merrick Road in Wantagh.
When they responded around 7:30 p.m. Thursday, they say they spotted a car driven by 36-year-old Margareth Mendoza.
According to police, they stopped her after she failed to signal at the intersection of Sunrise Highway at Beech Street.
Police say Mendoza smelled like alcohol and had slurred speech.
She also had her 4-month-old in the car.
After an investigation, police say Mendoza had also been in a collision with another car before being pulled over.
No one was hurt in that crash.
The baby was released to family members.
Mendoza will be arraigned today.
- Some Nassau County villages are taking the fight against the deadly opioid epidemic to federal court.
- Police say three people were hit by a car in Syosset Wednesday afternoon.Police say three people were hit by a car in Syosset Wednesday afternoon.
- The Senate on Wednesday rejected a Democratic attempt to give relief to people hit hardest by new limits on how much of their state and local tax bill they can deduct from federal taxes.
- Nassau County is redoubling its efforts to repair its rockiest roads.Nassau County is redoubling its efforts to repair its rockiest roads.
- Halloween is just around the corner, and there's an innovative way to let people know that not all trick-or-treaters are the same.
- The search is on for the man who exposed himself to women and children at the Old Navy store in Garden City.The search is on for the man who exposed himself to women and children at the Old Navy store in Garden City.
- A woman is in serious condition after being hit by a car that police say never stopped.A woman is in serious condition after being hit by a car that police say never stopped.
- A big change could help solve one of the biggest murder mysteries on Long Island.Suffolk County has given the go-ahead to use new technology that may help investigators solve the Gilgo Beach murders.
- A man is wanted for allegedly stealing four wind chimes from a porch in Farmingville.A man is wanted for allegedly stealing four wind chimes from a porch in Farmingville.
- The owner of a gas station in Deer Park says he was robbed Sunday night.The owner of a gas station in Deer Park says he was robbed Sunday night.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Almost Home Animal Rescue & Adoption. The shelter is located at 646 Medford Ave. in Patchogue. Their phone number is (631) 627-3665.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Are you and your family doing fun things this fall? Whether you're out apple or pumpkin picking, at a farm or corn maze or just hanging around in your home or yard, News 12 Long Island wants to see your Fall Fun pics!
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- News 12's Stone Grissom is dishin' some fun T-shirts during his award-winning Dishin' Long Island segments! What fun shirt will he wear next?