No time to wait! Massapequa woman gives birth to baby in ambulancePosted: Updated:
A Massapequa woman didn't have time to make it to the hospital, but instead welcomed her new son in the back of an ambulance.
Police and medics were called to a home on Pennsylvania Avenue Thursday where a woman was in labor.
The crew was able to get her into an ambulance and start heading to the hospital, but her baby boy wasn't waiting.
He was born in the ambulance.
Once they arrived at the hospital, mom and baby were admitted, and are in great condition.
- A Coram family was trapped in their home Thursday without power following a nor'easter that took down trees and power lines across Long Island.
- Nassau County Executive Laura Curran stopped by the News 12 Long Island studio to answer viewer questions on the air.
- The New York State Board of Regents chancellor issued positive and encouraging words Thursday directed toward officials in the Hempstead School District.
- Juul Labs stopped selling fruit and dessert flavors Thursday, acknowledging the public's "lack of trust" in the vaping industry.
- Traffic is once again flowing as the MTA completes construction of an LIRR bridge and reopens Covert Avenue in New Hyde Park.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Are you and your family doing fun things this fall? Whether you're out apple or pumpkin picking, at a farm or corn maze or just hanging around in your home or yard, News 12 Long Island wants to see your Fall Fun pics!
- Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the island for beer-lovers to visit.