Police: Hotel employees fight back against armed robbery suspect in WantaghPosted: Updated:
Police say a man is accused of robbing a Wantagh hotel at gunpoint, but the employees fought back and stopped him Thursday.
They say Justin Gagnon threatened workers at the Jones Beach Hotel at gunpoint and took cash from the register before struggling with the hotel manager.
Police say a 23-year-old front desk clerk was able to grab the suspect's gun, then work with another man to hold him until police arrived.
The hotel employees were treated for minor injuries.
Gagnon is facing numerous charges including robbery.
- Police say a Melville man was pulled from a burning car after a crash in Huntington Saturday night.Police say a Melville man was pulled from a burning car after a crash in Huntington Saturday night.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- Day 2 of the annual Oyster Festival is underway Sunday in Oyster Bay, with food, fun, live entertainment and oysters galore.
- Authorities say a man is facing charges after a robbery attempt at a Valley Stream Walmart store turned violent.
- Jose Altuve, the 5-foot-6 driving force of Houston, delivered a swing that will play in Astros' highlights forever.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Almost Home Animal Rescue & Adoption. The shelter is located at 646 Medford Ave. in Patchogue. Their phone number is (631) 627-3665.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Are you and your family doing fun things this fall? Whether you're out apple or pumpkin picking, at a farm or corn maze or just hanging around in your home or yard, News 12 Long Island wants to see your Fall Fun pics!
- Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!