Police: No explosives found on Port Jefferson ferry after bomb threatPosted: Updated:
There was a bomb scare on the Port Jefferson ferry Wednesday.
Dozens of officers, including emergency services and K-9 units, responded to the ferry dock just before 1:30 p.m.
Police say a 911 caller said they overheard a passenger talking about the potential to put a bomb on the boat.
An investigation determined it was all a misunderstanding.
The boat was searched and no explosives were found.
- Police say a body was found Sunday morning in Patchogue.Police say a body was found Sunday morning in Patchogue.
- escue crews in New Orleans on Sunday were trying to find a worker missing in the rubble of a hotel that collapsed while under construction but work in the unstable structure must be done delicately, officials said.
- New funding is paving the way for a family friendly park in Blue Point.New funding is paving the way for a family friendly park in Blue Point.
- A Long Island boxer is reportedly in a coma following a knockout in the ring.A Long Island boxer is reportedly in a coma following a knockout in the ring.
- There's a scary celebration underway this month in Rockville Centre.There's a scary celebration underway this month in Rockville Centre.
- Gunfire broke out inside an illegal gambling club in Brooklyn early Saturday, police said, leaving four people dead, three wounded, and investigators trying to piece together what prompted the bloodshed.
- RAND Luxury is holding an auction of collectible motorcars from brands including Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mercedes, Jaguar, Porsche & beyond at the Nassau County Museum of Art Saturday, Oct. 12.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Bobbi and the Strays. The shelter is located at 2 Rider Place in Freeport. Their phone number is (516) 378-4340.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Ruff House Rescue. The shelter is located in Oceanside. Their phone number is 516-306-4998.