Health officials report first 2 human cases of West Nile in Suffolk this yearPosted: Updated:
The first two human cases of West Nile virus in Suffolk this year have been reported.
Health officials say both people are over 50 years old and live in the Town of Islip.
They both were hospitalized last month, but are now recovering at home.
Nassau has not reported any human cases of West Nile this season.
Health officials remind residents to eliminate standing water from flowerpots, clogged gutters, and recycle bins.
- Some Nassau County villages are taking the fight against the deadly opioid epidemic to federal court.
- Police say three people were hit by a car in Syosset Wednesday afternoon.Police say three people were hit by a car in Syosset Wednesday afternoon.
- The Senate on Wednesday rejected a Democratic attempt to give relief to people hit hardest by new limits on how much of their state and local tax bill they can deduct from federal taxes.
- Nassau County is redoubling its efforts to repair its rockiest roads.Nassau County is redoubling its efforts to repair its rockiest roads.
- Halloween is just around the corner, and there's an innovative way to let people know that not all trick-or-treaters are the same.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Almost Home Animal Rescue & Adoption. The shelter is located at 646 Medford Ave. in Patchogue. Their phone number is (631) 627-3665.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Are you and your family doing fun things this fall? Whether you're out apple or pumpkin picking, at a farm or corn maze or just hanging around in your home or yard, News 12 Long Island wants to see your Fall Fun pics!
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- News 12's Stone Grissom is dishin' some fun T-shirts during his award-winning Dishin' Long Island segments! What fun shirt will he wear next?