Good Samaritans rescue 73-year-old who crashed into poolPosted: Updated:
Good Samaritans saved the life of a woman who drove into a backyard pool Tuesday afternoon.
The incident occurred on Rellim Drive in Glen Cove around 2 p.m.
Police say a 73-year-old woman crashed her Mercedes through a fence and her car started to sink.
Neighbor Manny Grella was driving home when he heard the woman's cries for help. That when he and another neighbor came to her rescue.
Grella says they “navigated her from the front seat to the back” and assisted in getting her out.
“She was panicking,” he says. “Within a minute, the car totally submerged underwater.”
Police say the woman's ordeal began when she got into an accident with another car at the corner of Rellim Drive and Elm Avenue.
She was taken to Glen Cove Hospital with injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
“Thank goodness there were people that saw the accident, jumped in the pool and came to her rescue,” says Lt. John Nagle, of the Glen Cove Police Department.
- Police say a man held a woman at gunpoint before stealing her car in a Lake Grove supermarket parking lot Monday night.
- Fortnite's black hole is over.Fortnite's black hole is over.
- A Nassau County legislator is suing the Town of Hempstead over campaign signs that were removed from in front of his office last June.
- Police say two women are wanted in connection to a robbery at a Freeport beauty supply store Sunday afternoon.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Are you and your family doing fun things this fall? Whether you're out apple or pumpkin picking, at a farm or corn maze or just hanging around in your home or yard, News 12 Long Island wants to see your Fall Fun pics!
- Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the island for beer-lovers to visit.
- Gunfire broke out inside an illegal gambling club in Brooklyn early Saturday, police said, leaving four people dead, three wounded, and investigators trying to piece together what prompted the bloodshed.