Home security camera captures Levittown woman attacked on porchPosted: Updated:
A home security camera captured a woman getting attacked on her home porch.
The victim says she was walking to her front door of her home in Levittown Thursday night when a man attacked her.
"He started touching me inappropriately. He grabbed me, he was holding on to me. He was all over me," she says.
When the woman yelled for help, she says the attacker ran off.
By the time police got there, she says her assailant was gone, but she gave the footage to police.
Many neighbors in the area either have security cameras or the Ring Doorbell, which allows homeowners to see what is happening on their doorstep through a phone app.
A neighbor's security camera on a nearby street was able to catch the man taking off in a dark-colored Chrysler.
The victim says she doesn't know the man who attacked her and she's worried he may come back.
"It's a scary world. I have a daughter, and now I'm just going to be looking over both of our shoulders constantly," she says.
Police say anyone with information on the attack should call Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS.
- The MTA Board met for the first time since an inspector general audit found more cases of overtime abuse within the Long Island Rail Road.
- Two people were injured in a car crash in North Bellmore Monday.Two people were injured in a car crash in North Bellmore Monday.
- A Long Beach teen was arraigned on grand jury charges Monday in connection to last month’s fatal stabbing in Oceanside.
- In a twist from most political races, the challenger for Hempstead town clerk might have more name recognition than the incumbent.
- The Shinnecock Indian Nation smoke shops may be some of the last places on Long Island where customers will be able to buy flavored electronic cigarettes.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Almost Home Animal Rescue & Adoption. The shelter is located at 646 Medford Ave. in Patchogue. Their phone number is (631) 627-3665.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Are you and your family doing fun things this fall? Whether you're out apple or pumpkin picking, at a farm or corn maze or just hanging around in your home or yard, News 12 Long Island wants to see your Fall Fun pics!
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- News 12's Stone Grissom is dishin' some fun T-shirts during his award-winning Dishin' Long Island segments! What fun shirt will he wear next?