Ford recalls some vehicles due to sharp seat frame edgePosted: Updated:
Ford is recalling more than 300,000 of its 2017 Ford Explorer vehicles because of a sharp seat frame edge.
The automaker said Friday there have been 31 reports of hand injuries.
According to Ford Motor Co., users could come in contact with the sharp edges when reaching between the power front seat and center console.
The vehicles were made at a Chicago plant from Feb. 13, 2016 to Oct. 25, 2017.
It is recalling 311,907 vehicles in the United States and federal territories, 23,380 in Canada and 3,045 in Mexico.
Dealers will install flocked tape to the exposed edge and tab on the inboard side of the power seat frames.
Users are advised to use caution and avoid contact with the seat frame edge until the repair is completed.
For more information, click here.
- A fast-moving fire ripped through a store in Elmont overnight, destroying the building.A fast-moving fire ripped through a store in Elmont overnight, destroying the building.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- The United Auto Workers union announced Sunday that its roughly 49,000 workers at General Motors plants in the U.S. would go on strike just before midnight because contentious talks on a new contract had broken down.
- Police say a Mount Sinai man is dead after he was hit by a car in Coram Saturday night.Police say a Mount Sinai man is dead after he was hit by a car in Coram Saturday night.
- Suffolk officials launched the county's regional bike-sharing program on Sunday.Suffolk officials launched the county's regional bike-sharing program on Sunday.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Jake's Rescue Ranch. The shelter can be contacted via their website or email.
- Here are some of the best photos of the week from the NFL's Week 1.Here are some of the best photos of the week from the NFL's Week 1.
- This week, Jason Aldean performed with Kane Brown and Carly Pearce.This week, Jason Aldean performed with Kane Brown and Carly Pearce.
- LIRR's M9 trains go into service.LIRR's M9 trains go into service.
- Some of the top drag queens from all over the world descended on New York City on Friday.Some of the top drag queens from all over the world descended on New York City on Friday.