Dogs rescued from Hurricane Dorian make their way to LI sheltersPosted: Updated:
A plane full of dogs rescued from Hurricane Dorian landed at the Gabreski Airport in Westhampton Beach.
All 20 dogs were taken from Nassau in the Bahamas, which was recently struck by Hurricane Dorian.
Most of the dogs will go to ARF's facility in Wainscott. The rest of the dogs will go to Kent Animal Shelter in Calverton and Jake's Rescue Ranch in Syosset.
The dogs were flown from Florida to New York by Jonathan Plesset, the cofounder of Pittsburgh Aviation Animal Rescue. Since 2013 the nonprofit has transported more than 11,000 animals out of dangerous situations.
The dogs will be put up for adoption in about two weeks.
- According to police, a man approached a woman in the parking lot of Jake’s 58, pointed a gun at her and demanded she hand over her money.
- The bankruptcy petition listed the Boy Scouts' assets as between $1 billion and $10 billion, and its liabilities at $500 million to $1 billion.
- According to police, two armed men wearing ski masks broke into the home around 4 p.m. on Hampton Avenue.
- The home decor retailer says it's racked up $59 million in losses.The home decor retailer says it's racked up $59 million in losses.
- The incident happened just before 11:30 p.m. Monday.The incident happened just before 11:30 p.m. Monday.
- Although it's five months away, the Great South Bay Music Festival has announced its initial performer list for 2020.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Last Chance Animal Rescue. They brought four puppies!This week's dogs are up for adoption at Last Chance Animal Rescue. They brought four puppies!
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!
- View and share photos of your loved ones on Valentine's Day.View and share photos of your loved ones on Valentine's Day.
- Check out some of the performances at My Father's Place, The Space at Westbury, Patchogue Theatre for the Performing Arts, Tilles Center and the Suffolk Theater.