GM recalls over 3.4M pickups, SUVs to fix brake issuesPosted: Updated:
General Motors is recalling more than 3.4 million big pickup trucks and SUVs in the U.S to fix a brake problem after being under pressure from the federal government.
The recall covers the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickups from the 2014 through 2018 model years, as well as the Cadillac Escalade from 2015 to 2017, and the GMC Yukon and Chevy Suburban and Tahoe from 2015 through 2018.
According to the company, a pump in the power-assist brakes can put out less vacuum power than needed, increasing stopping distance and the risk of a crash.
The recall comes after the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration began investigating in November of last year.
Dealers will recalibrate the electronic brake control module.
Owners were to be notified starting Sept. 6.
For more information, click here.
AP wire services helped contribute to this report.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced an emergency executive action to ban the sale of flavored electronic cigarettes in the state.
- Ocasek was found dead Sunday in his Manhattan townhouse at the age of 75.Ocasek was found dead Sunday in his Manhattan townhouse at the age of 75.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- How well do you remember classic sitcom characters? Take our Mind Game Monday quiz and test your knowledge.
- One of childhoods favorites, Play-Doh is used to make imaginative creations!One of childhoods favorites, Play-Doh is used to make imaginative creations!
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Jake's Rescue Ranch. The shelter can be contacted via their website or email.
- Here are some of the best photos of the week from the NFL's Week 1.Here are some of the best photos of the week from the NFL's Week 1.
- This week, Jason Aldean performed with Kane Brown and Carly Pearce.This week, Jason Aldean performed with Kane Brown and Carly Pearce.
- LIRR's M9 trains go into service.LIRR's M9 trains go into service.
- Some of the top drag queens from all over the world descended on New York City on Friday.Some of the top drag queens from all over the world descended on New York City on Friday.