Hurricane Dorian churns up rough surf at South Shore beachesPosted: Updated:
Hurricane Dorian is heading toward part of Canada after battering the Bahamas and hitting the Carolinas, but some of its effects are still being felt on Long Island this September Saturday.
At Robert Moses State Park and other South Shore beaches, the surf is choppy with big waves and a strong undertow.
Lifeguards are on duty, and they'll be monitoring conditions to decide whether or not state beaches like Robert Moses should be open to swimmers.
Officials say Dorian brought some minor coastal erosion to the area as well.
Coastal flood and high surf advisories are in effect for parts of the Island today.
- Police say two people were arrested at a home in Bay Shore where drugs, weapons, and cash were seized
Univision 41 News Brief: Miles de personas salen a las calles de NY para protestar contra la crisis climáticaMiles de personas salen a las calles de NY para protestar contra la crisis climática. Alcalde de Blasio retira candidatura presidencial 2020.
- The Pentagon says the U.S. will deploy additional troops and military equipment to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates to beef up security.
- An attack on a Centereach laundromat worker was caught on camera Thursday.An attack on a Centereach laundromat worker was caught on camera Thursday.
- The New England Patriots have released receiver Antonio Brown after a second woman accused him of sexual misconduct.
- ZZ Top performed at Jones Beach Thursday evening.ZZ Top performed at Jones Beach Thursday evening.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at North Fork Animal Welfare League. Their phone number is (631) 765-1811.
- Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Jake's Rescue Ranch. The shelter can be contacted via their website or email.
- The Who perform at Jones BeachThe Who perform at Jones Beach