Swastika found painted on path at Sunshine Acres Park in CommackPosted: Updated:
A swastika was found sketched onto the concrete at Sunshine Acres Park on Town Line Road in Commack Saturday morning.
It has since been painted over. Residents in the park say they were surprised to hear the hateful graffiti had been left at the family-friendly park.
No arrests have been made.
- Laura Gillen has conceded in the Town of Hempstead supervisor race, she announced Thursday."It has been an honor and a privilege to serve as the first Democratic Supervisor in 112 years," Gillen said in a statement.
The Cutest Pets Contest is ending soon! But you still have time to vote for your favorite! The vote runs through Nov. 22 at noon. You can vote every 5 minutes. The three pets with the most votes will be revealed Nov. 25!
- A new survey of 1,200 Americans and their cleaning habits finds that one in four (23%) have never cleaned their phone.
- The holiday shopping season is here, which means you're probably buying a lot of gifts online!The holiday shopping season is here, which means you're probably buying a lot of gifts online!
- Local Christmas tree farmers say bad weather in Canada, North Carolina and Oregon is part of the problem.
- Photos from the public congressional hearings as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump and his administration's dealings with Ukraine.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Ruff House Rescue. The shelter is located in Oceanside. Their phone number is 516-306-4998.
- If you are looking to start your holiday shopping before the turkey is out of the oven, here are stores that will be opened for Thanksgiving.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- News 12's Stone Grissom is dishin' some fun T-shirts during his award-winning Dishin' Long Island segments! What fun shirt will he wear next?