‘Don’t do it.’ Officials to crack down on drunk boating ahead of Labor DayPosted: Updated:
Officials are warning boaters ahead of Labor Day weekend.
"We are here today to say to everyone that may even think about drinking and operating a boat, ‘Don't do it,’" says Sen. Jim Gaughran.
Police issued the warning Wednesday from Glen Cove.
They said police will be patrolling the LI Sound through the Great South Bay and to the Atlantic, on the lookout for boaters who may be driving while intoxicated.
- The assistant scoutmaster who was there when 12-year-old Boy Scout Andrew McMorris was fatally struck by an alleged drunk driver took the stand Thursday to give an emotional testimony.
The Cutest Pets Contest is ending soon! But you still have time to vote for your favorite! The vote runs through Nov. 22 at noon. You can vote every 5 minutes. The three pets with the most votes will be revealed Nov. 25!
- Thanksgiving is a week away, but holiday shopping is already in full swing and Nassau County police want to make sure you have a safe holiday season.
- A Franklin Square grandfather who smoked over a pack of cigarettes every day for 60 years was given a new lease on life.
- Rep. Lee Zeldin held a political fundraiser tonight in St. James with Donald Trump Jr.Rep. Lee Zeldin held a political fundraiser tonight in St. James with Donald Trump Jr.
- Photos from the public congressional hearings as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump and his administration's dealings with Ukraine.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Ruff House Rescue. The shelter is located in Oceanside. Their phone number is 516-306-4998.
- If you are looking to start your holiday shopping before the turkey is out of the oven, here are stores that will be opened for Thanksgiving.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- News 12's Stone Grissom is dishin' some fun T-shirts during his award-winning Dishin' Long Island segments! What fun shirt will he wear next?