3 Nassau communities file suit against companies accused of contaminating waterPosted: Updated:
Several Nassau communities are filing a lawsuit against companies accused of contaminating their drinking water.
The village of Mineola, along with water districts in Carle Place and Port Washington are suing 3M and Dupont.
Mineola's suit alleges the companies are responsible for polluting drinking water with emerging contaminants found in their products.
Residents say they're concerned about the impact pollutants can have on their drinking water.
A spokesperson for 3M says the company will "vigorously defend its record of environmental stewardship."
- A Long Beach woman is accused of killing the man she had been involved with for years, then setting his Centre Island home on fire to cover up the crime.
- One of the two people arrested in a Bay Shore drug bust Friday pleaded not guilty to a slew of charges.
- Hundreds of people put on their walking shoes to help support a great cause in East Meadow.Hundreds of people put on their walking shoes to help support a great cause in East Meadow.
- According to the East Brunswick Police Department, Brody mentioned to his mother that he wanted to “meet a policeman and see a police car.”
- ZZ Top performed at Jones Beach Thursday evening.ZZ Top performed at Jones Beach Thursday evening.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at North Fork Animal Welfare League. Their phone number is (631) 765-1811.
- Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Jake's Rescue Ranch. The shelter can be contacted via their website or email.