Police: 5 people hurt when boat hits jetty in Great South Bay in SayvillePosted: Updated:
Police say five people were injured when a boat hit a jetty in the Great South Bay in Sayville Saturday night.
They say the 23-foot vessel hit the jetty around 8:30 p.m. off Browns River Road.
News 12 is told when Suffolk Marine Bureau officers arrived on the scene, the six passengers on board were standing on the jetty.
Police say five of the passengers were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
- Laura Gillen has conceded in the Town of Hempstead supervisor race, she announced Thursday."It has been an honor and a privilege to serve as the first Democratic Supervisor in 112 years," Gillen said in a statement.
The Cutest Pets Contest is ending soon! But you still have time to vote for your favorite! The vote runs through Nov. 22 at noon. You can vote every 5 minutes. The three pets with the most votes will be revealed Nov. 25!
- With the holiday season upon us, many pet owners plan to include their best friends in the festivities. Protect them from holiday hazards with these tips!With the holiday season upon us, many pet owners plan to include their best friends in the festivities. Protect them from holiday hazards with these tips!
- A new survey of 1,200 Americans and their cleaning habits finds that one in four (23%) have never cleaned their phone.
- The holiday shopping season is here, which means you're probably buying a lot of gifts online!The holiday shopping season is here, which means you're probably buying a lot of gifts online!
- Photos from the public congressional hearings as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump and his administration's dealings with Ukraine.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Ruff House Rescue. The shelter is located in Oceanside. Their phone number is 516-306-4998.
- If you are looking to start your holiday shopping before the turkey is out of the oven, here are stores that will be opened for Thanksgiving.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- News 12's Stone Grissom is dishin' some fun T-shirts during his award-winning Dishin' Long Island segments! What fun shirt will he wear next?