State attorneys general team up with phone carriers to block spam callsPosted: Updated:
State attorneys general from across the nation have teamed up to ensure that phone companies offer call-blocking tools for fake robocalls.
The service will be free for all customers' cellphones, but does not apply to traditional landline users.
Americans get nearly 5 billion robocalls every month.
The Federal Communications Commission has called on phone companies to block the unwanted calls and make sure caller ID numbers are real.
Similar legislation would have the same effect, but they are stalled due to concerns that legitimate calls could also get blocked.
- One person is dead following a fire at a home in Bayville.One person is dead following a fire at a home in Bayville.
Calling all pet parents! Do you think your fur baby is the cutest around? Send us your photos for a chance to be included in our Cutest Pets Contest! Submit your pet by Nov. 13 at noon.
- Long Island is preparing for what looks like the area's first snowfall of the season Tuesday.Long Island is preparing for what looks like the area's first snowfall of the season Tuesday.
- Some Long Island recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program will go to Washington, D.C. Tuesday to rally in support of the program.
- A federal judge on Monday dismissed President Donald Trump's lawsuit against New York officials that was aimed at preventing the release of his tax returns.
- The tree will be decked out in more than 50,000 multicolored lights and crowned with its iconic star.
- Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.
- Styx at NYCB at WestburyStyx at NYCB at Westbury
- In this week's special Dog Day Fridays segment, cats and dogs visited the News 12 studios! The pets are up for adoption at Pets4Luv Foundation and Long Road Home Rescue, Inc.
- News 12's Stone Grissom is dishin' some fun T-shirts during his award-winning Dishin' Long Island segments! What fun shirt will he wear next?