Superblock waterfront property in Long Beach to be soldPosted: Updated:
A Garden City-based developer is in contract to purchase the 6-acre Superblock property on the Long Beach boardwalk that has been vacant for more than four decades.
The Engel Burman Group has not yet solidified what will become of the vacant lot between Riverside and Long Beach boulevards, but says it is pursuing a mixture of apartments and condos, and maybe even a shopping area.
“It’ll be nice to see something other than a dirt lot there,” says one resident.
Others who live behind the waterfront property, however, may lose their ocean views.
News 12 is told that that the developer has not requested any tax breaks as part of its purchase and that any plan for the waterfront property would comply with Long Beach zoning codes.
The developer also says several meetings will be held with the community before any plans are set into motion.
- The Lido Beach teen who is accused of fatally stabbing an Oceanside high school student was ordered Thursday held without bail.
- The mother of a Parkland, Florida, massacre victim was among a number of gun safety advocates rallying Thursday outside an NRA fundraiser at The Inn at New Hyde Park.
- Police say at least one shot was fired Thursday afternoon on National Boulevard and West Hudson Street in Long Beach.
- The resilient New York Yankees powered their way to the club's first AL East title since 2012, routing the Los Angeles Angels 9-1 Thursday night behind three RBIs each from old mainstay Brett Gardner and newcomer DJ LeMahieu.
- Aumenta la angustia entre los familiares de la niña desaparecida en NJ. Guerra política en El Bronx por la silla que dejará el congresista Serrano.
- Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Jake's Rescue Ranch. The shelter can be contacted via their website or email.
- The Who perform at Jones BeachThe Who perform at Jones Beach
- Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!
Did you catch the big one? Prove it...no fish stories here! Tweet or Instagram your photos using #LIFish and we may put it in this gallery or show on air.