Atmospheric agency: July 2019 was hottest month on record for the planetPosted: Updated:
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association says this July was the hottest July and hottest month globally since record-keeping began.
Temperatures were about 1.7 degrees above the last century's average worldwide. Regions across the world experienced record-breaking temperatures.
Click here to read more.
Experts say it's part of an ongoing trend, as we’ve seen nine of the 10 hottest Julys come since 2005.
Scientists say they expect the trend to continue due to manmade climate change.
- Two sisters attended their last day of school Monday because their parents chose not to vaccinate them.
- Police say two teenagers were injured after a brawl broke out in Oceanside Monday night.Police say two teenagers were injured after a brawl broke out in Oceanside Monday night.
- Police say a 17-year-old was stabbed in the leg in Terryville Monday afternoon.Police say a 17-year-old was stabbed in the leg in Terryville Monday afternoon.
- A former Sachem High School North football coach has been convicted of stealing funds from the district.
- The Brookhaven Town Planning Board voted Monday night to allow Top Golf to construct a facility in Holtsville.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Jake's Rescue Ranch. The shelter can be contacted via their website or email.
- Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!
Did you catch the big one? Prove it...no fish stories here! Tweet or Instagram your photos using #LIFish and we may put it in this gallery or show on air.
- LIRR's M9 trains go into service.LIRR's M9 trains go into service.
- News 12's Stone Grissom is dishin' some fun T-shirts during his award-winning Dishin' Long Island segments! What fun shirt will he wear next?