Great South Bay Brewery to eliminate glass bottles in favor of cans, kegsPosted: Updated:
A popular Long Island beermaker is saying goodbye to glass.
The Great South Bay Brewery says it's eliminating bottles in favor of cans and kegs.
The Bay Shore company says it's making the change to be environmentally friendly.
New cans, along with new logos and graphics, are being sent into distribution this week.
The beer itself won't be changing.
- A Shirley man who allegedly carjacked a woman in a Lake Grove Whole Food parking lot was arrested at his home Thursday night, according to Suffolk police.
- The Diocese of Rockville Centre has publicly named a priest accused of sexually abusing a child more than 35 years ago.
- Health officials released the findings of a new report this week on varying cancer rates in Suffolk County.
- Greg Doroski, who says his ancestors go back hundreds of years in Southold, calls himself the candidate of change in the race for town supervisor.
- The Yankees scored the most runs in Major League Baseball this season, but the series has gone south quickly since their ALCS Game 1 victory.The Yankees scored the most runs in Major League Baseball this season, but the series has gone south quickly since their ALCS Game 1 victory.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Almost Home Animal Rescue & Adoption. The shelter is located at 646 Medford Ave. in Patchogue. Their phone number is (631) 627-3665.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Are you and your family doing fun things this fall? Whether you're out apple or pumpkin picking, at a farm or corn maze or just hanging around in your home or yard, News 12 Long Island wants to see your Fall Fun pics!
- Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!