Police: 1 dead, 2 injured in Port Jefferson Station accidentPosted: Updated:
One man is dead and two others are injured Friday following an accident in Port Jefferson Station, according to police.
Police have identified the man killed as 22-year-old Arthur Oldakowski. Police say 50-year-old Rodrigo Corrales and 23-year-old Anes Music were injured.
Police say the three construction workers from Queens were stringing a cable across North Bicycle Path just before 2 p.m. when a passing pickup truck became entangled in the wire and became caught.
Witnesses say the workers somehow got caught up in the cable going across the road, and the pickup truck got caught in the cable, causing the vehicle to flip over.
Witnesses told News 12 one of the line workers was working in a bucket at the time of the crash. They say he was pulled from the bucket and thrown to the ground.
Police closed North Bicycle Path just south of Route 112 for hours.
Police say the driver of the pickup truck, 41-year-old Bryan Masem of Yaphank, was not injured.
- A Shirley man who allegedly carjacked a woman in a Lake Grove Whole Food parking lot was arrested at his home Thursday night, according to Suffolk police.
- The Diocese of Rockville Centre has publicly named a priest accused of sexually abusing a child more than 35 years ago.
- Health officials released the findings of a new report this week on varying cancer rates in Suffolk County.
- The Yankees scored the most runs in Major League Baseball this season, but the series has gone south quickly since their ALCS Game 1 victory.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook met with the head of China's market regulator in Beijing after receiving backlash over the removal of an app from its store.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Almost Home Animal Rescue & Adoption. The shelter is located at 646 Medford Ave. in Patchogue. Their phone number is (631) 627-3665.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Are you and your family doing fun things this fall? Whether you're out apple or pumpkin picking, at a farm or corn maze or just hanging around in your home or yard, News 12 Long Island wants to see your Fall Fun pics!
- Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!