UN Report: Humans must adopt vegan, vegetarian diet to stop environmental damagePosted: Updated:
A report by the United Nations says humans must adopt vegan or vegetarian diets in order to stop environmental damage.
It says our current food system accounts for up to 30% of destructive greenhouse gases.
The report also warns that if humans do not switch to plant-based diets, we will need 56% more food to feed the nearly 10 billion people expected on earth in the year 2050.
- The Wyandanch School District could be without a sports program this fall amid a host of budget cuts.
- A former Riverhead High School student who says she was sexually assaulted by the school's principal, Dr. Charles Regan, has officially filed a lawsuit in federal court against him and the Riverhead School District.
- A Brentwood woman was arrested on animal cruelty charges after being accused of leaving her dog outside for days with no water or shelter.
- The Elmont LIRR station is expected to be opened by October 2021.The Elmont LIRR station is expected to be opened by October 2021.
- Thousands flock to the North Fork Sunflower Maze in Mattituck over the course of the summer and early fall to catch a glimpse of the millions of sunflowers standing tall among the farm.
- The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.