Man dies after swim in Manorhaven Park; cause of death unclearPosted: Updated:
A man has died after going for a swim in Manorhaven.
Police say a 61-year-old man and his 43-year-old friend went to Manorhaven Park Monday afternoon.
The 61-year-old went into the water near Port Washington, while his friend stayed on the beach.
The 43-year-old says he went into the water after losing sight of his friend, and found him floating face down.
Police say the unidentified man died a short time later.
- Police say a man held a woman at gunpoint before stealing her car in a Lake Grove supermarket parking lot Monday night.
- A Nassau County legislator is suing the Town of Hempstead over campaign signs that were removed from in front of his office last June.
- Police say two women are wanted in connection to a robbery at a Freeport beauty supply store Sunday afternoon.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- If you are a grouch, today is your special day. Happy National Grouch Day!If you are a grouch, today is your special day. Happy National Grouch Day!
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Are you and your family doing fun things this fall? Whether you're out apple or pumpkin picking, at a farm or corn maze or just hanging around in your home or yard, News 12 Long Island wants to see your Fall Fun pics!
- Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the island for beer-lovers to visit.
- Gunfire broke out inside an illegal gambling club in Brooklyn early Saturday, police said, leaving four people dead, three wounded, and investigators trying to piece together what prompted the bloodshed.