Psychiatrist suggest limiting children’s knowledge of mass shootingsPosted: Updated:
Parents are faced with the difficult task of how to discuss recent events with their children in wake of the mass shootings in Texas and Ohio that left at least 29 people dead.
Child psychiatrist Victor Fornari with Northwell Health says parents might not want to tell young children about mass casualty events. He says parents should have answers ready if children ask.
Dr. Fornari says it's important to reassure children that the world is generally a safe place. He also suggests limiting the amount of conversation about the deadly shootings in front of the kids and to limit their exposure on TV and the radio.
- Police say a man held a woman at gunpoint before stealing her car in a Lake Grove supermarket parking lot Monday night.
- Fortnite's black hole is over.Fortnite's black hole is over.
- A Nassau County legislator is suing the Town of Hempstead over campaign signs that were removed from in front of his office last June.
- Police say two women are wanted in connection to a robbery at a Freeport beauty supply store Sunday afternoon.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Are you and your family doing fun things this fall? Whether you're out apple or pumpkin picking, at a farm or corn maze or just hanging around in your home or yard, News 12 Long Island wants to see your Fall Fun pics!
- Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the island for beer-lovers to visit.
- Gunfire broke out inside an illegal gambling club in Brooklyn early Saturday, police said, leaving four people dead, three wounded, and investigators trying to piece together what prompted the bloodshed.