New Jersey man accused of assaulting Lynbrook police officerPosted: Updated:
A New Jersey man was arrested for allegedly of assaulting a Lynbrook police officer during a routine traffic stop.
According to police, the incident happened near the corner of Sunrise Highway and Horton Avenue in Lynbrook. They say Bryant Veal, 20, from New Jersey was driving a 2015 BMW recklessly on the westbound side of Sunrise Highway around 1:45 a.m. Friday.
When an officer tried to stop the driver, police tell News 12 Veal struck the marked Lynbrook police cruiser instead of pulling over. The officer sustained injuries not considered to be life threatening and was taken to a local hospital.
Veal was placed under arrest and is facing charges including assault, unlawful fleeing, reckless endangerment and possession of marijuana. He was held overnight at Nassau Police Headquarters in Mineola.
When walking out of the headquarters, Veal denied he tried to escape from police. He was held on $40,000 bond or $20,000 cash.
Officials: Plane headed to Republic Airport in Farmingdale crashes into Hudson Valley home, killing 2An aircraft headed to Long Island crashed into a Hudson County home Saturday and killed two people, officials say.
- Police say two people were injured when an SUV crashed into a Dunkin' Donuts in West Hempstead Saturday evening.
- Police say an 81-year-old man was viciously attacked and robbed in Valley Stream early Saturday morning.
- Oakland's Restaurant & Marina in Hampton Bays offers spectacular views of the Shinnecock Inlet and Shinnecock Bay.
- Robyn Elman with In Home Pet Services shows off Pet Go Bags, which come in handy during emergencies.Robyn Elman with In Home Pet Services shows off Pet Go Bags, which come in handy during emergencies.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Bobbi and the Strays. The shelter is located at 2 Rider Place in Freeport. Their phone number is (516) 378-4340.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- Smashing Pumpkins, Noel Gallagher and AFI performed at Jones Beach Aug. 9.Smashing Pumpkins, Noel Gallagher and AFI performed at Jones Beach Aug. 9.
Did you catch the big one? Prove it...no fish stories here! Tweet or Instagram your photos using #LIFish and we may put it in this gallery or show on air.