Police: Vandals damage church boxes; steal $100 in North PatchoguePosted: Updated:
Police are searching for vandals who damaged church donation boxes in North Patchogue.
Investigators say eight boxes were broken earlier this month at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Roman Catholic Church on North Ocean Avenue.
The thief or thieves got away with about $100.
Anyone with information about either of these cases is being asked to call Suffolk Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
- Police say an 81-year-old man was viciously attacked and robbed in Valley Stream early Saturday morning.
- State police have identified the man who was killed by an apparent gunshot wound Friday morning on the Shinnecock Indian Reservation.
- A Central Islip man is facing animal cruelty charges for allegedly starving a pit bull and keeping her in a dark basement.
- Police say a suspect wearing a ski mask opened fire on a man outside of a Bay Shore bar early Saturday morning.
- Police say a teen was robbed while riding his bicycle in Franklin Square Friday afternoon.Police say a teen was robbed while riding his bicycle in Franklin Square Friday afternoon.
- Nassau County officials will be announcing Tuesday new mental health resources for police officers from Long Island – the same day a wake will be held for the ninth NYPD officer to die by suicide this year.
- News 12's Carol Silva sat down with Newsday's Corin Hirsch to find out where to find the best veggie burgers on the Island.
- World Mosquito Day was first established in 1897, when the link between mosquitoes and malaria transmission was discovered. How do you protect yourself from mosquito bites?
- You may like to eat adventurously, but how much do you know about different delicacies from around the world?
- A man is accused of stealing over-the-counter medication from a Rite Aid in Huntington Station.A man is accused of stealing over-the-counter medication from a Rite Aid in Huntington Station.