Police: Vandals damage church boxes; steal $100 in North PatchoguePosted: Updated:
Police are searching for vandals who damaged church donation boxes in North Patchogue.
Investigators say eight boxes were broken earlier this month at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Roman Catholic Church on North Ocean Avenue.
The thief or thieves got away with about $100.
Anyone with information about either of these cases is being asked to call Suffolk Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
- Undercover officers swarmed a home in Saddle Rock village Tuesday night after receiving a call about a suspicious incident.
- Police say two men are wanted for shooting at a car with four men inside in Central Islip Tuesday night.
- A Melville man was found guilty Monday in the murder of a well-known pizzeria owner in Brooklyn.A Melville man was found guilty Monday in the murder of a well-known pizzeria owner in Brooklyn.
- A Queens man is accused of yelling anti-Semitic slurs and threats at two men and an 11-year-old child at a Costco in Lawrence Sunday.
- The prosecution started its closing arguments in the obstruction trial of former Suffolk County District Attorney Tom Spota and his top investigator Christopher McPartland.
- Police have released a photo of a man they say robbed a Great Neck bank at gunpoint Monday morning.Police have released a photo of a man they say robbed a Great Neck bank at gunpoint Monday morning.
- New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal identified the two suspects and the three civilian victims killed in Tuesday's Jersey City shootings. A police detective was also killed.
- The United States Navy announced that the famous Blue Angels will be headlining the 17th annual Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach in May.