Home health aides save elderly woman from burning house

Posted: Updated:
OLD BROOKVILLE -

Two home health aides pulled an elderly woman out of a burning home in Old Brookville.

It happened around 12 p.m. Monday on Oak Lane.

Firefighters from 10 departments rushed to the scene.

The elderly resident and a firefighter were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Authorities believe the flames were caused by an electrical problem.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."