Search party looking for Centereach man who vanished 2 weeks agoPosted: Updated:
Long Island residents are searching for a missing Centereach man who vanished without a trace.
Tom Kelsey was last seen at Katch, a restaurant in Venetian Shores Park in Lindenhurst nearly two weeks ago. Friends say they were with the 45-year-old when they say he told them he had to leave to go meet up with other friends and with a woman he met online. No one has heard from him since.
Friends organized a search party at Katch, and plan on retracing possible routes he took after he left there. They plan on going door-to-door, handing out fliers, asking neighbors if they saw anything and see if anyone has any surveillance video that might help the search.
Friends say he never showed up to work the day after they last saw him, and he never returned home. His phone goes right to voicemail, and there's been no sign of his car.
"People don't just disappear. It's not like a UFO came and took him away. Something happened," says Kelsey's friend Dina Love.
Police are asking anyone with information to call the Sixth Squad at (631) 854-8652 -- or 911.
- A Hicksville man is accused of pretending to be a police officer and trying to pull over a van that was filled with real Nassau County detectives.
- Police say a suspect wearing a ski mask opened fire on a man outside of a Bay Shore bar early Saturday morning.Police say a suspect wearing a ski mask opened fire on a man outside of a Bay Shore bar early Saturday morning.
- The fire sparked around 5 a.m. Saturday at the Manorhaven Beach Park Pool on Manorhaven Boulevard.The fire sparked around 5 a.m. Saturday at the Manorhaven Beach Park Pool on Manorhaven Boulevard.
- A Lindenhurst man is accused of carrying out a string of home burglaries in several Suffolk communities.
- State police have identified the man who was killed by an apparent gunshot wound Saturday morning on the Shinnecock Indian Reservation.State police have identified the man who was killed by an apparent gunshot wound Saturday morning on the Shinnecock Indian Reservation.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Bobbi and the Strays. The shelter is located at 2 Rider Place in Freeport. Their phone number is (516) 378-4340.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- Smashing Pumpkins, Noel Gallagher and AFI performed at Jones Beach Aug. 9.Smashing Pumpkins, Noel Gallagher and AFI performed at Jones Beach Aug. 9.
Did you catch the big one? Prove it...no fish stories here! Tweet or Instagram your photos using #LIFish and we may put it in this gallery or show on air.