Police: Man dies in collision on Searingtown RoadPosted: Updated:
A young man is dead after a crash at the start of the rush hour Thursday in Searingtown.
A car and a van collided on Searingtown Road just after 5 p.m.
A 20-year-old man was rushed to the hospital, but pronounced dead a short time later.
The driver of the other vehicle suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
The identities of the drivers have not yet been released.
Further details surrounding the incident were not immediately available.
- Service has been restored on the Long Island Rail Road's Long Beach branch after an equipment train slammed into a car in East Rockaway Monday.
- The number of measles cases are on the rise again as New York parents deal with new emergency rules about religious exemptions from vaccinations.
- Comisionado de la policía de NY despide a Pantaleo por muerte de Eric Garner. Tragedia en el Alto Manhattan por homicidio suicidio. Piden nueva ley para dar educación sexual a estudiantes de NY
- A winning Powerball ticket was sold at the BP Gas and Repair Station on Merrick Avenue in Merrick.A winning Powerball ticket was sold at the BP Gas and Repair Station on Merrick Avenue in Merrick.
- A group of teenagers say a motorist ran over their bikes in Commack -- and the incident was caught on camera.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
Did you catch the big one? Prove it...no fish stories here! Tweet or Instagram your photos using #LIFish and we may put it in this gallery or show on air.