Surf's up! New York surf week returns to Long BeachPosted: Updated:
Surf's up in Long Beach!
The 10th Annual New York Surf Week is happening through Sunday.
The event brings together a surf contest, along with a boardwalk festival and parties.
"There is a rich culture here of New York surfers, and surfing in New York kind of gets overlooked," says Will Skudin, a professional big wave surfer.
The Long Beach resident called Surf Week a “great way to celebrate and heritage of New York surfing.”
- A Shirley man who allegedly carjacked a woman in a Lake Grove Whole Food parking lot was arrested at his home Thursday night, according to Suffolk police.
- The Diocese of Rockville Centre has publicly named a priest accused of sexually abusing a child more than 35 years ago.
- Health officials released the findings of a new report this week on varying cancer rates in Suffolk County.
- Petitioners are urging the Town of Riverhead to not include environmentally sensitive land in the Enterprise Park sale at Calverton.Petitioners are urging the Town of Riverhead to not include environmentally sensitive land in the Enterprise Park sale at Calverton.
- Greg Doroski, who says his ancestors go back hundreds of years in Southold, calls himself the candidate of change in the race for town supervisor.Greg Doroski, who says his ancestors go back hundreds of years in Southold, calls himself the candidate of change in the race for town supervisor.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Almost Home Animal Rescue & Adoption. The shelter is located at 646 Medford Ave. in Patchogue. Their phone number is (631) 627-3665.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Are you and your family doing fun things this fall? Whether you're out apple or pumpkin picking, at a farm or corn maze or just hanging around in your home or yard, News 12 Long Island wants to see your Fall Fun pics!
- Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!