Multiple departments respond to brush fire near County Road 111 in ManorvillePosted: Updated:
Multiple fire departments responded to a brush fire Sunday afternoon in Manorville.
Fire officials say the flames broke out around 2 p.m. County Road 111 was shut down in the area of Sunrise Highway and Route 51. It has since reopened.
At least six fire departments were responding to the blaze.
The cause of the fire is unclear at this time.
County Road 111 which, stretches between the Long Island Expressway and Sunrise Highway, is typically busy on weekends as drivers make their way to and from the Hamptons.
- A Long Island congressman has become the first House Republican to back legislation to ban assault weapons.
- An Islip child was honored Tuesday for donating thousands of dollars from his lemonade stand to help other children battling cancer.
- Local politicians are calling for the resignations of several Long Beach officials following controversial retirement payouts worth thousands of dollars.
- Families are calling on Long Beach officials to fix dozens of broken benches that were dedicated to people who have died.
- A Great Neck plastic surgeon accused of threatening to kill his estranged wife appeared in Tuckahoe Village court Tuesday.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
Did you catch the big one? Prove it...no fish stories here! Tweet or Instagram your photos using #LIFish and we may put it in this gallery or show on air.