Man accused of robbing Smithtown pharmacy, stealing prescription drugsPosted: Updated:
A Ronkonkoma man is accused of robbing a Smithtown pharmacy.
Police say John Giunta walked into the Smithtown Prescription Center on East Main Street Wednesday morning, approached a pharmacist and demanded drugs.
Police say the pharmacist complied and then Giunta took off. He was arrested a short time later at a nearby church.
The incident occurred on the eighth anniversary of the Medford pharmacy massacre that left four people dead.
- Sources say an emotional support parrot that was accidentally taken from a West Islip pet store has died.
- An alleged Bloods gang member charged in the fatal shooting of a man in Deer Park in 2017 is headed to trial.
- Opening statements were heard Thursday morning in the obstruction of justice trial against former Suffolk County District Attorney Tom Spota and his top aide Christopher McPartland.
- Explosive testimony was delivered Wednesday in the trial of a man accused of driving drunk and killing a 12-year-old Boy Scout.
- Of the more than 800 confirmed cases of C. auris infection so far in the US, nearly 400 are in New York.
- Five people were injured Thursday afternoon in a fiery crash on the Southern State Parkway.Five people were injured Thursday afternoon in a fiery crash on the Southern State Parkway.
- The Diocese of Rockville Centre has filed a motion to dismiss the Child Victims Act that went into effect in August.
- A student pulled a gun from his backpack and opened fire at a Southern California high school Thursday, killing two students and wounding three others before shooting himself in the head on his 16th birthday, authorities said.