Fire forces residents from West Babylon nursing homePosted: Updated:
A fire forced nursing home residents out of their homes in West Babylon this morning.
The fire broke out at the East Neck Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center.
Residents were evacuated as firefighters knocked down the fire.
News 12 spoke to a woman who was on the scene checking on her mother. Her 77-year-old mother was inside on the third floor, and when she got the call about the fire she went to help.
Residents are now allowed back in. There is no word on what sparked the fire.
No one was hurt during the incident.
- A Central Islip man is facing animal cruelty charges for allegedly starving a pit bull and keeping her in a dark basement.
- A Hicksville man is accused of pretending to be a police officer and trying to pull over a van that was filled with real Nassau County detectives.
- Pierogies and polka are filling the streets this weekend in one community in Riverhead.Pierogies and polka are filling the streets this weekend in one community in Riverhead.
- The fire sparked around 5 a.m. Saturday at the Manorhaven Beach Park Pool on Manorhaven Boulevard.The fire sparked around 5 a.m. Saturday at the Manorhaven Beach Park Pool on Manorhaven Boulevard.
- A Lindenhurst man is accused of carrying out a string of home burglaries in several Suffolk communities.A Lindenhurst man is accused of carrying out a string of home burglaries in several Suffolk communities.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Bobbi and the Strays. The shelter is located at 2 Rider Place in Freeport. Their phone number is (516) 378-4340.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- Smashing Pumpkins, Noel Gallagher and AFI performed at Jones Beach Aug. 9.Smashing Pumpkins, Noel Gallagher and AFI performed at Jones Beach Aug. 9.
Did you catch the big one? Prove it...no fish stories here! Tweet or Instagram your photos using #LIFish and we may put it in this gallery or show on air.