Police: Man found dead with head injuries on side of Patchogue roadPosted: Updated:
Police say a man was found dead with extensive head injuries on the side of a road in Patchogue.
The man, identified as 39-year-old Clarence Wyche, was discovered by a passing driver on Rider Avenue near Edwards Street shortly after 10 p.m. Saturday.
Wyche was pronounced at the scene.
The cause of death is unclear at this time. Police previously said they did not believe the man had been struck by a car.
Suffolk homicide detectives are investigating the case. They are asking anyone with information to call the Homicide Squad at 631-852-6392, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
- An aircraft headed to Long Island crashed into a Hudson Valley home Saturday and killed two people, officials say.An aircraft headed to Long Island crashed into a Hudson Valley home Saturday and killed two people, officials say.
- Police say two people were injured when an SUV crashed into a Dunkin' Donuts in West Hempstead Saturday evening.
- Police say an 81-year-old man was viciously attacked and robbed in Valley Stream early Saturday morning.
- Oakland's Restaurant & Marina in Hampton Bays offers spectacular views of the Shinnecock Inlet and Shinnecock Bay.
- Robyn Elman with In Home Pet Services shows off Pet Go Bags, which come in handy during emergencies.Robyn Elman with In Home Pet Services shows off Pet Go Bags, which come in handy during emergencies.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Bobbi and the Strays. The shelter is located at 2 Rider Place in Freeport. Their phone number is (516) 378-4340.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- Smashing Pumpkins, Noel Gallagher and AFI performed at Jones Beach Aug. 9.Smashing Pumpkins, Noel Gallagher and AFI performed at Jones Beach Aug. 9.
Did you catch the big one? Prove it...no fish stories here! Tweet or Instagram your photos using #LIFish and we may put it in this gallery or show on air.