Selden woman claims giant mower shot garbage at her car on Nicolls RoadPosted: Updated:
A Selden woman says she was driving on Nicolls Road in Holtsville Tuesday when an unknown object smashed into her driver's side window.
Natalie DiMasi says she's still shaken. She says she immediately pulled over, where crews were mowing grass, and told her mother she thought she had been shot.
Police arrived minutes later. DeMasi, terrified and covered in glass, was able to get out of her car, which was parked on the center median.
DeMasi took photos of her shattered window. She believes the unknown object was a piece of trash kicked up by the large mowers that were cutting grass on the median.
DeMasi says she has already called the Suffolk County Highway Department to report the incident while her Jeep is being repaired. She says she's thankful she only suffered small cuts on her leg.
A spokesperson for the Suffolk Department of Public Works says it has been made aware of the incident and is looking into the matter.
- A fall festival favorite returns to Long Island this weekend!A fall festival favorite returns to Long Island this weekend!
- In this week’s The Download, News 12's Andrew Ehinger shows us a high-tech lock that adds in a new layer of security.
- Policía revela detalles de tiroteo que dejó a un conductor muerto en el Bronx.Policía revela detalles de tiroteo que dejó a un conductor muerto en el Bronx.
- Residents in a Coram neighborhood reached out to News 12 after they say they couldn't get a firm response from PSEG-Long Island.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Are you and your family doing fun things this fall? Whether you're out apple or pumpkin picking, at a farm or corn maze or just hanging around in your home or yard, News 12 Long Island wants to see your Fall Fun pics!
- Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!