Police: Man suffered medical episode, died in LIE crashPosted: Updated:
Police say a man died after suffering a medical episode and crashing Tuesday on the Long Island Expressway.
It happened around 4:50 p.m. east of Exit 70 in Manorville.
Police identified the victim as 60-year-old William Thomas, of Manorville. After he suffered a medical episode, they say his 2014 Jeep veered off the road and overturned.
Thomas was pronounced dead at the scene.
A passenger in the Jeep wasn't hurt.
A section of the LIE was shut down for hours.
- Several Nassau County villages are taking the fight against the deadly opioid epidemic to federal court.
- The Sigma Alpha Mu fraternity was placed on interim suspension last month, according to the university.
- Nassau County is redoubling its efforts to repair its rockiest roads.Nassau County is redoubling its efforts to repair its rockiest roads.
- Halloween is just around the corner, and there's an innovative way to let people know that not all trick-or-treaters are the same.
- A new law in Nassau County limits where certain age-restricted products can be advertised.A new law in Nassau County limits where certain age-restricted products can be advertised.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Almost Home Animal Rescue & Adoption. The shelter is located at 646 Medford Ave. in Patchogue. Their phone number is (631) 627-3665.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Are you and your family doing fun things this fall? Whether you're out apple or pumpkin picking, at a farm or corn maze or just hanging around in your home or yard, News 12 Long Island wants to see your Fall Fun pics!
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- News 12's Stone Grissom is dishin' some fun T-shirts during his award-winning Dishin' Long Island segments! What fun shirt will he wear next?