Police: Neighbor who tossed firework into pool faces drug, weapons chargesPosted: Updated:
An incident involving fireworks led to a weapons arrest in Wantagh Friday night.
Police say they responded to a call on Judith Court where a man said a firework had been thrown into his pool while his daughter and her friends were swimming in it.
There were no injuries.
Investigators watched home security video and say they identified the suspect as a neighbor, Donald Hollman.
A short time later, police say they found fireworks, marijuana and three guns inside his home.
Hollman is set to be arraigned on a long list of charges Sunday, including reckless endangerment, endangering the welfare of a child, arson and unlawfully selling fireworks.
- State police have identified the man who was killed by an apparent gunshot wound Saturday morning on the Shinnecock Indian Reservation.
- Police say a suspect wearing a ski mask opened fire on a man outside of a Bay Shore bar early Saturday morning.
- Police say a teen was robbed while riding his bicycle in Franklin Square Friday afternoon.Police say a teen was robbed while riding his bicycle in Franklin Square Friday afternoon.
- A Hicksville man is accused of pretending to be a police officer and trying to pull over a van that was filled with real Nassau County detectives.
- Pierogies and polka are filling the streets this weekend in one community in Riverhead.Pierogies and polka are filling the streets this weekend in one community in Riverhead.
- The fire sparked around 5 a.m. Saturday at the Manorhaven Beach Park Pool on Manorhaven Boulevard.The fire sparked around 5 a.m. Saturday at the Manorhaven Beach Park Pool on Manorhaven Boulevard.