Police: 2 masked men hold up Calverton gas stationPosted: Updated:
Police are on the hunt for the two men behind a holdup in Calverton.
According to police, the men were wearing masks when they entered the Exxon station at Edwards Avenue South around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The men pulled guns and demanded cash from an employee behind the counter. They fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of money.
Police say no one was hurt during the incident.
Anyone with more information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
- A big change could help solve one of the biggest murder mysteries on Long Island.Suffolk County has given the go-ahead to use new technology that may help investigators solve the Gilgo Beach murders.
- A man is wanted for allegedly stealing four wind chimes from a porch in Farmingville.A man is wanted for allegedly stealing four wind chimes from a porch in Farmingville.
- The owner of a gas station in Deer Park says he was robbed Sunday night.The owner of a gas station in Deer Park says he was robbed Sunday night.
- Police say they're searching for a man who held up a Sound Beach gas station at gunpoint Saturday night.Police say they're searching for a man who held up a Sound Beach gas station at gunpoint Saturday night.
- A West Hempstead man is facing charges after a public lewdness incident in Malverne Park Oaks.A West Hempstead man is facing charges after a public lewdness incident in Malverne Park Oaks.
- The MTA Board met for the first time since an inspector general audit found more cases of overtime abuse within the Long Island Rail Road.
- Two people were injured in a car crash in North Bellmore Monday.Two people were injured in a car crash in North Bellmore Monday.
- A Long Beach teen was arraigned on grand jury charges Monday in connection to last month’s fatal stabbing in Oceanside.
- In a twist from most political races, the challenger for Hempstead town clerk might have more name recognition than the incumbent.
- The Shinnecock Indian Nation smoke shops may be some of the last places on Long Island where customers will be able to buy flavored electronic cigarettes.